Saturday 3 March 2012

Top ten MUST read books (Part one)


  Hey, Everyone! It's me again. I have decided it wouldn't hurt to make a list of ten books that I've been dying to read! I will obviously read more then ten books, but here are the ones that I'm definitely hoping to get to this year. I will state my reasons as I go on to list the books. By the way, these are in no particular order! P.S. I'll put up five in this post and five later (it makes my job easier).
1) Ash by Malinda Lo
    The reason I want to read this book is because the cover looks absolutely wonderful! If I'm correct, the author herself illustrated the cover. The little blurb on the back sounds interesting as well. It is about a girl who's father has died, leaving her in her abusive stepmother's hands. She dreams that fairies will take her away from her terrible life, and who knows, maybe they will. It is a fantasy, romance, and YA novel.
   



2) Going To Far By Jennifer Echois
Every once in a while, I need to get away from sci-fi and fantasy, and pick up a normal chick lit. The thing that attracted me to this book was the blurb on the back. It sounded very reasonable unlike most chick-lits nowadays. It's about a girl named Meg who wants to get away from everything she's ever known, and one crazy day thanks to a dare and railroad tracks, she goes to far, and almost doesn't make it back. Then there is John. He is the total opposite of Meg. Instead of wanting to get away, he wants to stay, serve and protect. How will two completely different people get along?
This is a YA, chick-lit, and romance.




3) Starters By Lissa Price
Ok, being the sci-fi crazy nerd that I am, I couldn't possibly resist the urge to want to read this one. The cover is practically shouting DYSTOPIAN NOVEL HERE! This one is about a girl who has lost her parents thanks to the 'Spore Wars', who wiped out everyone from the age of 20 to 60. So she and her brother go on the run and find someone known as the 'Old man'. This old man hires teens to RENT their bodies to old people known as Enders who want to be young again. Callie, the runaway girl, is in need of money and decides to become a donor.
This is a Sci-fi/dystopian, and post apocalyptic novel.

4) The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I'm sure most of you probably know Maggie Stiefvater for her famous 'The wolves of mercy falls' Series, consisting of Shiver, Linger, and Forever. I want to read this books because I've read her other books and I liked them, but I also want this book because the blurb sounds interesting. It's about a girl who has no choice but to enter the annual 'Scorpio Races'. She is the first female to participate in the races where the riders attempt to keep hold of their water horses long enough to make it to the finish line. Some riders live. Others die. At age nineteen, Sean Kendrick is the returning champion. He is a young man of few words, and if he has any fears, he keeps them buried deep, where no one else can see them.
This is a YA, fantasy, and romance novel.

5) Divergent by Veronica Roth
This particular book was recommended to me by some stranger online. The reason I want to read it is because It sounds surprisingly like The hunger games, and I just have to find out what kind of book this might actually be. In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.
This is a YA and dystopian novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment