Sunday 8 April 2012

Shelter by Harlan Coben

Blurb:
Mickey Bolitar's year can't get much worse. After witnessing his father's death and sending his mom to rehab, he's forced to live with his estranged uncle Myron and switch high schools.

A new school comes with new friends and new enemies, and lucky for Mickey, it also comes with a great new girlfriend, Ashley. For a while, it seems like Mickey's train-wreck of a life is finally improving - until Ashley vanishes without a trace. Unwilling to let another person walk out of his life, Mickey follows Ashley's trail into a seedy underworld that reveals that this seemingly sweet, shy girl isn't who she claimed to be. And neither was Mickey's father. Soon, Mickey learns about a conspiracy so shocking that it makes high school drama seem like a luxury - and leaves him questioning everything about the life he thought he knew.


Review:
 I personally thought this books was an amazing piece of work, very original with a little sense of humour in it. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because it didn't really exceed over my expectations. I knew it would be good, but nothing about the book made me think 'Oh, my, gosh! I can't believe that happened! Over all though, it was well laid out. So maybe a three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment