Sunday 8 April 2012

Thirst no.4 by Christopher Pike


BLURB
 Alisa is a five-thousand-year-old vampire, stronger and more cunning than her adversaries. But now she's trapped in the body of a newborn vampire and at the mercy of a terrible thirst. Worst of all, she's facing enemies whose fierce desire for domination grows ever stronger.

The immortal race the Telar is threatening to release a virus to decimate humanity. But Alisa and her friends can't take down the Telar on their own, and they must turn to the mysterious organization the IIC for help. But the IIC has secrets of its own and may have ulterior motives.

With two rivals and no one to trust, Alisa must rely on her dark side to defeat them. But it could cost her life, or her soul...

***************SPOILERS*******************I have to say, out of all the books in the Thirst trilogy, this one stuck with me the most. I felt like the plots were those out of another world, I mean, the Telar, the IIC, the Cradle. It's like a big plot surrounded by a bunch of smaller yet still effective ones. I honestly found the idea of the 'Lens' very scary, and it sort of took my breath away. The author seems to have a vast knowledge on a lot of stuff, and you can clearly see that in this book.

The one thing that threw me off was the ending. I felt it was a little abrupt. I wanted to know how Matt and Seymour would react to seeing a dead Shanti. I mean, sure, ends up she's actually Tarana, but Seymour and Matt don't know that. Anyway, the other thing That ticked me off in the whole trilogy was the fact that there was no 'single' love interest. To put it simply. I miss Ray. You guys remember him from the very first book? I still cant seem to get over him *sobs*.

The other thing I miss a lot is one of Sita's famous phrases. Allow me to play it out.
Person A: "No, please! I don't want to die!"
Sita: ".... Then you should never have been born."
 
It's funny, I envy her for getting to say such an amazing line! Other then that, This book was just fantastic, and I might go over and re-read this trilogy some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment